The best days are when afternoon sun crawls through the window, spreading lazily over our bodies, illuminating our souls.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

So, I've been really out of it for the last... while. Making a serious mistake like I did, Tuesday night, might have been a wonderful or a terrible thing for me, when I think about it. The incredible threat to my life has helped me appreciate things more.. but is it worth it?
My stomach has stopped hurting, as of last night at about 8, but I still want to see a doctor. I need to know that I'm not dying of appendicitis (JD had it on Scrubs last night) or a stress ulcer or I've accidently OD'd on meds or SOMETHING! I just need to know what's going on with my body.
In other news, looks like I'm going to UCSB next year unless I can convince my parents that they should pay for NYU.. which is never, ever, going to happen, seeing as we've had about 25 arguments about the same subject this week. Not even exaggerating. Oh well.. I tried to get excited about UC Santa Barbara last night, though, and look up housing and honors programs online and whatnot. I still feel like it's a drunken party whore kind of school, though, and the fact that I'm in their honors program is not going to change the fact that I have less of a chance finding cool, interesting, smart people there that I actually want to be friends with than at NYU.. which is what I want from college in the first place. Those kind of people as friends who I can party with (sometimes), an expanded mind and world view, fun (how does one even categorize that?), a high level of education, a tolerant atmosphere with a small amount of frats and sororities, opportunities, especially good psychology programs, a city..
Whatever. I probably won't get over it anytime soon, but I will try to deal the best I can. Preferably not by going mental again.
I miss writing, so this felt good. Maybe I'll continue with this, make the background of the website really schnazzy, put photos up, write stories... lots of possibility. We'll see.

No comments: